X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pongers
    replied
    Originally posted by marcellarhughes View Post
    I once heard an advice from an IT Consultancy company that you will only use Wordpress for your mini-site creation or blog which will redirect to your main static site, this is what they called the 301 redirection, part of SEO technique.
    It's not true. I have seem many huge traffic blogs based on wordpress and are linked to main websites.
    301 redirect is different concept indeed which helps in SEO.

Leave a comment:

• marcellarhughes
    replied
    I once heard an advice from an IT Consultancy company that you will only use Wordpress for your mini-site creation or blog which will redirect to your main static site, this is what they called the 301 redirection, part of SEO technique.
    Last edited by Ross; 23-06-11, 11:12 AM. Reason: URL removed

Leave a comment:

• Rachael
    replied
    The first step is to define the web hosting requirements; WordPress can be incorporated then. This entirely depends on the size of your website.

Leave a comment:

• marcellarhughes
    replied
    Every host where you can install wordpress will allow you to add plugins. Either this host free or paid. Only in Wordpress.com, you can't install wordpress plugins. With wordpress.org, you can always install plugins, it doesn't matter where you host it.

Don't look for free Business Server Hosting companies, because they will be working in a few weeks for the beginning, after that, you will have lots of problems (database maintenance, site maintenances) or even they can suspend your account, this will make you wasting your time and work for your website.

Better pay a little bit more, but you have "solid" website, and no need to worry about those problems. Do google search about webhosting reviews.

I reccommend that you install wordpress to your local computer (offline) to get familiar with it, and once you like to work with wordpress, you can then think to buy webhost and domain.

Leave a comment:

• LEWIS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ellen View Post
    Yes, we use a linux shared plan to host our wordpress based site. It is easy to install wordpress on linux based hosting and also manage data from the control panel. if your website does not receive too much traffic then a shared hosting is fine to start with, later you can upgrade to a vps as your site will grow.
    I too agree with Ellen, as the requirement increases a client can upgrade his web hosting server. The upgraded server could be a vps or it can be the semi dedicated server.

Leave a comment:

• Ellen
    replied
    Yes, we use a linux shared plan to host our wordpress based site. It is easy to install wordpress on linux based hosting and also manage data from the control panel. if your website does not receive too much traffic then a shared hosting is fine to start with, later you can upgrade to a vps as your site will grow.

Leave a comment:

• LEWIS
    replied
    For wordpress shared plans are an ideal option. But there are times when users websites are high traffic website and they get lot of traffic. In that case it is a wise decision to consider a higher plan like a Virtual Private server.

Leave a comment:

• Ross
    replied
    Our Cheap cPanel Shared Hosting are suited for Wordpress hosting. They will be a affordable option for hosting a Wordpress site. You have a option to upgrade onto a VPS or Cloud server as your website grows.

Leave a comment:

• amk2010
    replied
    Thanks guys for your comments.
    Last edited by amk2010; 15-04-11, 12:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey
    replied
    Wordpress Web Hosting packages are one of the most appropriate packages for majority of clients in the hosting industry's. You too can easily opt for wordpress website hosting packages. I too agree with Harry because cPanel Hosting packages are being used by majority of the web hosting provider to hosting a Wordpress Website.

Look at some of the reasons why a WordPress hosting package might be for you :-

* Easy to learn and use for those who are not tech savy.
    * Unlimited free and attractive themes and templates available online.
    * Range of free, downloadable plug-ins and extensions.
    * Unlimited technical support avaiable through a large community of wordpress users.
    * Wordpress is free to download, you pay only for the hosting charges.

Leave a comment:

• Harry
    replied
    Originally posted by amk2010 View Post
    Hi please let me know what plan would you like to suggest for hosting a wordpress site? Thanks
    You can start with our cPanel Hosting packages for hosting a Wordpress site.
    If your requirements are huge then you can also consider higher hosting package like a VPS or Cloud Server etc..

Leave a comment:

• amk2010
    started a topic Plan for Wordpress site

Plan for Wordpress site

Hi please let me know what plan would you like to suggest for hosting a wordpress site? Thanks
    Last edited by amk2010; 14-04-11, 11:23 AM.
Working...
X