Disk space errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk space errors

Would it be possible for a closer monitoring of the free disk space on Cornwall? Twice recenctly ASP.NET applications have been crashing due to not enough disk space being available on the system drive, this is obviously very annoying for clients and not something that one can write an exception handler for as the assemblies themselves do not load.
    Richard

Originally posted by richard View Post
    Would it be possible for a closer monitoring of the free disk space on Cornwall? Twice recenctly ASP.NET applications have been crashing due to not enough disk space being available on the system drive, this is obviously very annoying for clients and not something that one can write an exception handler for as the assemblies themselves do not load.
    Richard

Hello Richard,
    All shared servers are monitored 24x7 for all resources. We do get instant notifications whenever there's any issue on node and accordingly our tech support staff take precautionary measures. Please get in touch with our tech support staff via Live chat whenever you get such problem so that they can sort it out.
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Thanks for the reply. If as you say you are alerted 24x7 to a resource problem it should never get to the stage of me having to raise a support issue or even worse for my clients to have to contact me. The first time that I was aware of Cornwall running out of disk space I did contact live support to fix it, but the point is that they seemed unaware of the problem themselves.

Comment

Good morning,

Richard
        As you appear to have a number of clients and I notice from some of your other posts that you have had SQL Server issues in the past, have you considered moving to a VPS?

If you do, you get your own disc space which is allocated when the VPS is created and you can run your own instance of SQL Server.

Other users with VPSs on the same server can run away and fill their disk allocation, or do something that affects their SQL server but their impact on you will only be a reduction in the amount of CPU time available to you and probably a slight reduction in disc performance as his and your virtual discs are probably on the same physical disc.

Provided that the servers that are hosting the VPSs don't also host anything else you should get a very reliable service.

Whilst I can understand the argument that you shouldn't need to, it will only be 35-65 per month. Hyper-V VPS Hosting | Windows Hyper-V VPS Web Hosting UK ,however I doubt that the 35 Starter option would be a good idea for you, 512MB RAM is simply not enough, I know because I tried it.

Bye

Ian
        Forums are about debating pleasantly not agreeing.

Comment

Ian,
          As you say "I shouldn't need to" but there is a world of difference between paying circa 100 pa and 65 per month. On the whole I am very happy with the service, the support team are superb ( so different from the other lot I used to use) and the fees are very reasonable. The main site I am running has a very low transaction volume, at most I would guess 1 per minute averaged over a day, and of course I appreciate that I am sharing the resources with everyone else but fundamental system problems like running out of disk space on the boot volume should never come to the attention of users.
          Richard

Comment

Ian,
            As you say "I shouldn't need to" but there is a world of difference between paying circa 100 pa and 65 per month. On the whole I am very happy with the service, the support team are superb ( so different from the other lot I used to use) and the fees are very reasonable. The main site I am running has a very low transaction volume, at most I would guess 1 per minute averaged over a day, and of course I appreciate that I am sharing the resources with everyone else but fundamental system problems like running out of disk space on the boot volume should never come to the attention of users.
            Richard
            Hi,

All the issues with the shared hosting server, Cornwall, will be sorted tonight.
            Kind regards,
            Jack Daniel.

Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

Comment

this kind of error occurs by irresponsive hosting servers, that's why you should do depth research so that in future you have not to face any issues. but if you have space issue than it occurs because you choose a plan who has limited disk space and there is no solution accept change hosting or also you can do contact your hosting providers and tell about your issue and request to increase disk space. they can easily increase your disk space.

Comment

Working...
              X