X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• khulet22
    replied
    Originally posted by dansgalaxy View Post
    Hi i just spoke with support aparently the path you need to upload with is done when the account was setup, so i would suggest checking the account emails which i (assume) would have been sent when you ordered the account, not sure if the support guy i was talking to will make his own response here or not, but currently thats all i can offer, not used windows webhosting for ages and when i did i almost immediatly had it changed to linux lol (that was with another provider tho )
    You did great DAN..

Leave a comment:

• WHUK-DAN
    replied
    Originally posted by northernlight View Post
    Thanks v much for the help, i'll check my emails again. its all a bit new to me this
    If you are not able to find that email sent earlier to you, another simple option is to get in touch with the Windows Technical Department from the Live Chat and get a new FTP created for you. I guess it will take not more than 5 or 10 mins to get this sorted.

Leave a comment:

• northernlight
    replied
    Originally posted by dansgalaxy View Post
    Hi i just spoke with support aparently the path you need to upload with is done when the account was setup, so i would suggest checking the account emails which i (assume) would have been sent when you ordered the account, not sure if the support guy i was talking to will make his own response here or not, but currently thats all i can offer, not used windows webhosting for ages and when i did i almost immediatly had it changed to linux lol (that was with another provider tho )

Thanks v much for the help, i'll check my emails again. its all a bit new to me this

Leave a comment:

• dansgalaxy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernlight
    replied
    Hi Dan,
    Thanks for replying its the Windows Starter Plan that i have.

Leave a comment:

• dansgalaxy
    replied
    Hi could you provide more information as to the type of hosting you have as this will vary depending on server setup, for example on linux servers with cpanel it would usually be in /home/USER/public_html/ but on windows this would be different.

Also it would be index.html

(you could also use default.html although index.html is the most comman)

Dan

Leave a comment:

• northernlight
    started a topic Uploading site by FTP

Uploading site by FTP

Hello,
    I was hoping someone could maybe advise me or point me to a faq ( as i cant seem to find one that specifically deals with ftp upload)

On how to upload my site by FTP. I am using a FTP program called Filezilla. I can connect ok and access my webspace as per on the email the FTP address given by web hosting. When i connect i see folders already in this space called anon ftp, cgi-bin, error_docs etc.

Where am i supposed to upload my site to within this space, what do i need to call my main page (is main.html or index.html ??)

When i tried to upload my website some pages uploaded ok but most didnt.
    has anyone been through this already and can advise me or as i say if someone could point me to a help page or FAQ that deals with FTP uploading that would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X