What happened to Boxtrapper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Boxtrapper?

Hey there! I've been with you guys for some time no and 'was' using the boxtrapper function in the ACP. Recently the link for it vanished but I was still able to use if since I had the address bookmarked. Anyway, a few weeks back the spam just started flying into my inbox. I checked the boxtrapper settings and all appeared well but the spam was still getting through!? It simply does not work at all!

Have you phased out this program for the useless and irritating program that is spambox or is this simply a glitch in the system?!
    Some things in life are priceless....
    ....for every thing else there's Tequila!

Bumpety Bump!

Comment

'ello!? Is there anybody there!?

Comment

*switches the lights off*

Hmm....think no one's gonna answer this thread!

*closes thread door*

Comment

Hello Billy,

I apologise for getting late in answering this thread but the services section was monitored by me only. Our other moderators working on forum cannot answer service related issues as those are answered by the support team working on our helpdesk.

You get instant reply if you open a ticket on our helpdesk or contact our livechat support team.

Boxtrapper has been disabled on all our servers as cpanel is not able to run boxtrapper effectively and compatibilty issues with boxtrapper block legitimate emails and cpanel itself has recommended to delete boxtrapper version files and installation files from servers.

Please feel free to contact our helpdesk for support related issues.
          Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
          AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
          Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Out of interest.....what did you do!? The spam has stopped coming to my inbox in these last few weeks!

Comment

Hey 3b,

I still got my spam... Except not the kind that comes in the can... must stop visiting those weird sites... err...

Boxtrapper????

Comment

Fighting against spam is like fighting against terrorism. You should convince yourself that you can never succeed.

All you can do is use a different email address when you need to give your email address to fillup forms on different websites. Personal email address should be given to friends and business network only.

I have setup rules in my outlook which filters emails sent directly to my email address and others that dont have my email address in the to: field go to the trash box

I go through the subject of emails in the trash box before clicking on delete all.

Comment

Does that mean if somone put your address in CC then it will go into trash? How will you avoid that?

Comment

nope. To and CC both go in my folder. Emails sent through mailing lists go to trashbox.

you can configure mail rules in outlook to move emails sent to To: and CC: to a particular folder. I have similar rule configured for myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X