Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i switch from Windows Server to Linux Server?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i switch from Windows Server to Linux Server?

Hi

My friend has webspace with you, on a Windows Server. I was wondering if it would be possible for him to switch it over to Linux? Would there be any additional cost?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, your friend can switch over to linux and there are no additional cost involved with it.

Please open a ticket through our helpdesk http://www.webhosting.uk.com/support.php and get your account switched over to linux.

Comment

<o></o>
      James is right, there is no any additional cost involve for switching over to linux, you can even run your business easily and cost-effectively on Linux.

Comment

True, I agree. As Paul said, you will not have to pay any additional charges to switch from Windows to Linux. Also, you will be able to save more money for your business as Linux is open source and it is not expensive as Windows. You do not have to purchase a License for Linux as you have to purchase for Windows. Also, Linux has some features which are not present in Windows. So if you wish to have Linux then do not worry and go ahead. Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by murdo View Post
          Hi

My friend has webspace with you, on a Windows Server. I was wondering if it would be possible for him to switch it over to Linux? Would there be any additional cost?

Thanks in advance.
          Yes you can switch from Windows to Linux server, but it's not possible to transfer all your files email accounts on a new server. You will need to transfer all your files manually.

Comment

Yes I am agree with you Sean.
            If you intend to develop your site using ASP, FrontPage, ASP.NET environment, Windows Streaming Media, Access, MS SQL Server, or any of the other Microsoft’s owned technologies then you should opt for Windows hosting.

Comment

OP has got the answer long back.

Comment

Working...
              X