X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disabling phpmail function

I don't understand why you don't point people to the PEAR mail scripts
    that can be installed via cpanel ?

Contrary to what your online chat support person told me earlier today the class has an option to use smtp backend and it works (once you get the paths sorted) - in fact the pear class is very similar to the one in the link)

The only issue is that the cpanel installation does not set the paths so need to be manually set within the implementing script (inefficient).

Steve

Originally posted by drgrumpy View Post
    I don't understand why you don't point people to the PEAR mail scripts
    that can be installed via cpanel ?

Contrary to what your online chat support person told me earlier today the class has an option to use smtp backend and it works (once you get the paths sorted) - in fact the pear class is very similar to the one in the link)

The only issue is that the cpanel installation does not set the paths so need to be manually set within the implementing script (inefficient).

Steve
    All of our shared hosting servers have PEAR installed on them, but it too uses PHP's mail function in the backend, hence it's not of much use in this case. If it can be configured to use SMTP along with authentication, please let us know which paths do you need & we'll provide you with all the relevant ones..

Standing by to assist,
    Kind regards,
    Jack Daniel.

Cloud Hosting || Managed Dedicated Server || Webhosting UK Knowledgebase

Comment

Working...
    X