Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Chat

Couple useful features
    1) Being able to open a ticket from chat as then it would make life easier as anything mentioned in the chat would be seen by the admin
    2) Make it so it has an option to always email you a chat transcript or link it so at the beging when it asks for name and email address you just press email at the top of the page and it sends it to you and not ask for your email address again.

Originally posted by solarsystems View Post
    Couple useful features
    1) Being able to open a ticket from chat as then it would make life easier as anything mentioned in the chat would be seen by the admin
    2) Make it so it has an option to always email you a chat transcript or link it so at the beging when it asks for name and email address you just press email at the top of the page and it sends it to you and not ask for your email address again.
    Hi,

Livechat remembers your email address in Firefox if you wish to have the chat transcript to your email address.

You can always copy and paste the chat transcript into the ticket system, as the Livechat system and the support system are two separate pieces of software it would be fairly difficult to do as above.

Hope this has helped
    Webhosting.UK.com || cPanel VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Sales: 0808-262-0855
    Support: 0800-612-8725
    International: +44 191 303 8191

Comment

Originally posted by solarsystems View Post
      Couple useful features
      Yes, there are chat software's available in the market that are integrated with the ticket system. As far as I know these live chats software's haven't proved to be any good. They only slow down the process and make things difficult for the end user.

Besides, its always a good idea to keep the Live chat and Ticket system separate.

The auto send chat transcript setting is generally disabled as its a users choice to decide if he requires the chat transcript emailed. It's probably not a good idea to send an email to a user without their consent.

Comment

I would prefer to have live chat and ticket system as separate. As far as emailing a chat transcript is concerned, it is better to keep this as an option rather than a compulsion, users can enter their email address at the end of the chat and receive a copy of the chat transcript if they wish to.

Comment

Its actually a good suggestion by solarsystems, but I think this would create a chaos.Instead,WHUK should have a link to the ticket board inorder to save customer's precious time.

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
          It's probably not a good idea to send an email to a user without their consent.
          Another point as stated by Rachel, is absolutely correct.Sending a chat transcript with customers consent is important.It might be possible that not all people might ask for a chat transcript,so its better to ask the visitor to have the decision to choose if s/he requires the transcript or not.

Comment

If you are chatting with a representative from WHUK, you will always get an option to get the chat transcript at the end of the chat. You can select the option or deny it according to you. You will only have to enter the email address at the start or at the end of the chat to which you want to have the chat transcript emailed to.
            Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
            Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

there are already some free chat companies or paid companies(better)
              SELLING MY FORUM SIGNATURES 7$/M

Comment

Can you explain a bit...

"live chats software's haven't proved to be any good!!!" I didn't get that...What do you really mean...slowing down the process for the end users..Can you explain that...Rachel...

Comment

Originally posted by zenaire View Post
                  "live chats software's haven't proved to be any good!!!" I didn't get that...What do you really mean...slowing down the process for the end users..Can you explain that...Rachel...
                  live chats software's haven't proved to be any good!!!

That's right... there are many FREE chat software available but most of them have very slow response time as they use heavy coding which requires huge server resources. Usually such applications are based on Java which itself is a resource hog !

Comment

Sending a chat transcript should be made available on the choice of user as if it set to auto send the chat transcript, then there are also some users who dont intend to give their email address and provide [email protected] at the start of the chat, and if the email is sent to such email addresses, it will bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by Pongers View Post
                      live chats software's haven't proved to be any good!!!

That's right... there are many FREE chat software available but most of them have very slow response time as they use heavy coding which requires huge server resources. Usually such applications are based on Java which itself is a resource hog !

Not all the live chat applications are the same. If you consider a paid live chat application, you will find that it offers great features and can be relied upon, however, you need to make sure that you choose the right one

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post
                        Not all the live chat applications are the same. If you consider a paid live chat application, you will find that it offers great features and can be relied upon, however, you need to make sure that you choose the right one
                        My dear friend Caroline, i am talking about FREE live chat applications, there's hardly any reliable FREE chat application having excellent features which i can integrate for my online web business.
                        If you know any good one please let me know
                        Thank you in advance...

Comment

I would like to add some to this conversation, Live chat softwares although available at Free does not contain the features which are needed for a good support, every free live chat software is available in Paid option, so it is obvious that paid would be the most adversed one.

Comment

As per my experience Free Live Chat softwares do not provide some features such as

- Chat Transcript via mail
                            - User IP Address
                            - User Referred from which site.

Comment

Originally posted by Pongers View Post
                              My dear friend Caroline, i am talking about FREE live chat applications, there's hardly any reliable FREE chat application having excellent features which i can integrate for my online web business.
                              If you know any good one please let me know
                              Thank you in advance...
                              Thank you for clearing that Pongers Yes, free chat applications do not offer great features and aren't stable enough due to which it is not recommended that you consider a free live chat application.

Comment

Working...
                              X