• Show
Clear All

Hi Harry ,
    [email protected]
    its my gmail Id
    thank's

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
      I've started getting people who clearly refer to a knowledgebase for everything i ask them. If i'm chosing Technical Support as the department, i want someone who knows what they're doing. When people start to do what i've mentioned above - they start to break things. Especially when they change certain configurations on my server which have dependencies.
      I know the feeling...

I asked 2 seperate operators a simple question because one of my clients wanted to know..

"Does using the cpanel control panel count against your accounts bandwidth usage"

and both operators told me well you can view bandwidth usage by going to...

No one seemed to understand the question, which is rather annouying really, because its a pretty simple question, usually i would direct these things to cPanel but it appears i need to get support via whuk...

Comment

Dan, even if you just login to your control panel it will count for your bandwidth usage. Surely browsing, accessing or using it for managing your hosting account such as creating FTP, email accounts etc.... would be considered as your bandwidth consumption.
        UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
        Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

That was my question, wanted to know for definate, as far as i know port 80 (their website) FTP and SMTP/POP count as bandwidth, however from what i know cpanel doesnt, which is why i would have liked this to be confirmed by cPanel/cPanel admin...

Just to be clear, I know cPanel would count against server usage its just the account usage thats in question...

Dan

Comment

Dan, I got a reply from a reliable resource that Accessing cPanel/WHM/Webmail usage does not count against account bandwidth usage I hope you must have got similar answer please share your resource if you have got some different answer.
            UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
            Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Yes im sure that is correct, just slightly worring me about the support recently.

Maybe i just expect too much from them.

Rather annouying as well that when i first signed up and was asking about support i was told it was all uk based which was a big reason i signed up and it is now obvious that much (if not all?) live chat support at least is in india (I know this because of my support software which tells me who is on my site etc so i can see when the operators go to my site to "fix" a problem.)

And it has happened on many occasions where i have found people who are under the "Linux Dedicated" support etc seem to be clueless about basic general knowledge which i would expect from someone who should be providing support for these kinds of issues.

And it seems 99.99% of the time they cant just admit they dont know and go in play with my settings waste an hour of my time and then tell me to open a email ticket. -.-

Grr if the person dont know all they have to do is say "sorry, i dont know how to do that" and either transfer me to someone who does or provide me with another contact method to someone who does, really winds me up when im on chat to them and they waste my time and dont even give me a suitable answer in the end.

Grr.

Lol Rant Over.

Comment

Support teams are in both the UK and India. Both teams consist of the best and most experienced engineers
                Webhosting.UK.com || VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Support teams are in both the UK and India. Both teams consist of the best and most experienced engineers
                  Im sure they are. on paper.

But in experience it is obvious most arnt or only have a very broad knowledge and have no clue when u ask anything specific.

Dan

Comment

From a customers point of view I don't agree with that above. Every support representative I have dealt with has been of excellent knowledge. I have dealt with a large variety of engineers, largely over 500 times I have used livesupport. Quality Assurance teams also genuinely monitor chat transcripts, if you find you have had a bad chatting experience click the "close" image button in the top right and you will be asked to fill out a small form based on your experience with the chat operators.
                    Webhosting.UK.com || VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Comment

Working...
                    X