A real 99.95% uptime guarantee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real 99.95% uptime guarantee

I'm not asking for special features, I'm not asking for freebies, all I want is an uptime promise that will actually be kept! even if it means that we pay more...

If you can't keep your promise, change it to 95% Guaranteed Uptime then at least you'll have a proper safety margin to hide behind.

All your threads so seem to be quite similar and there's no way for anyone to figure out what problems you have. please include one of the ticket number over here so that I can take a look into it.

We can provide you with 99.98% uptime guarantee if you choose a Dedicated server and 99.95% uptime guarantee on our new Virtuozzo nodes.

It seems that you have your VPS on one of our old OpenVZ nodes and we can get it moved to Virtuozzo if you provide me with a ticket number to check details of your discussion with our support team so far.
    Web Hosting UK - ASP MSSQL Hosting - cPanel Linux Hosting
    AIM : webredback || msn : andrew @ webhosting.uk.com
    Toll Free : 0808 262 0855

Comment

Actually I think Napoleon has already given James a ticket number here.

Don't want to chuck my oar in but Napoleon's complaint seems pretty clearly stated in that thread.
      homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto ... ( just Google it )

Comment

thats not right.

Ticket number should be something like IKP-97388-700

Our helpdesk is located at http://support.webhosting.uk.com but some customers submit ticket from billing system and some from the control panel.

We clearly specify in the welcome email that tickets should be submitted from http://support.webhosting.uk.com only. I am not trying to get arrogant but there is no way anyone can help you if you don't provide detailed information of your problem.

Comment

Thanks kev woodman, yes I did provide a ticket number and actually James (Sales Manager) was able to work from that ticket number. Now why you can't use the number provided and he can... well that just goes a little bit further in the direction that you either can't be bothered to try to find a solution or you don't have access to the same systems, neither make any business sense to me (See my note in the other forum about the meaning of Customer Service...)

Oh and another thing, WHY do you have two ticketing systems then??? If it's confusing to you and your staff who use it/them every day, how are us customers supposed to understand which is the correct one to use?
          Apologies! I digress... I guess it's not my duty to look at getting your internal systems harmonised.....

Now finally, as I really can't be bothered to continue writing an essay for you that you'll probably delete anyway in a day or two, I just wanted to clarify one last thing: the reason I am so angry is not because this problem has happened once (things happen and I accept that) but in the past two and a half months it has happened more times than I can bare to remember. What's more it has happened on two seperate accounts situated on two separate boxes!! So it's not an issue with a particular ticket or an issue with a particular account, it has something to do with your people not having the skill to manage the servers properly or maybe you bought the servers off of eBay and are now getting people to pay money for the privilege of using them! And why should it matter that our accounts are located on old boxes? Do those boxes have a different uptime guarantee??????? If they are unreliable, should you not move all customers on the unreliable machine over to a new machine? Or are you happy to keep less attentive customers on a old machine that you KNOW is unreliable? Oh and before you do... a word of advice... don't forget to send that email out warning them all about the scheduled downtime... you might as well try to keep the remaining customers that you still have happy....

Comment

There is no way for us to remove inbuilt helpdesk from billing system or the control panels we offer as this are third party softwares and there's no option available in this softwares to disable the inbuilt ticket system.

We use Cerberus as our helpdesk as Cerberus is many times better than any other helpdesk. I'll leave this matter to James as he has managed to locate your ticket.

I cannot comment on anything else you have mentioned as I have no knowledge of your account with us.

James has left for the day and I cannot find any information in our billing system from the IP you are logged in on this forum nor the email address matches any account in our billing system.

Comment

Administrator,

Our VPS IP's are 87.117.201.203 and 87.117.248.144. Both have been up and down like a whores drawers lately. With downtime measured in hours rather minutes. There's not always a ticket ID to follow as sometimes we have called to have the problem sorted. Even now I've just found that iptables has died on one of them and will not start, considering this was moved to new hardware a few days ago, I suspect the two issues are related. Oh well yet another ticket to raise, at least the server is actually working which makes a pleasant change. Yet once again, this highlights a lack of proper procedures to ensure migrations to new hardware are seemless.

The problem myself and my colleague have is the frequency and length of downtime and none of this seems to come close to the service we purchased based on our pre-sales conversations with your MSN staff and that stated on the website.

For example, there is a supposedly 24x7 Pro-active monitoring yet in May (following the server move), when we were on holiday, one of our VPS's was down for over 3 days... for no apparent reason or at least no reason that anyone was prepared to tell us. It then bounced around and had several other prolonged outages during the week culminating in us losing our biggest customer and thus that VPS will be shortly cancelled. So is it any wonder that we are so disgruntled?

Sh*t happens with hardware sometimes, we all know that, but come on, there is supposedly hotswap servers available and yet it took 23 hours for our other VPS to be restored last week. Hardly hotswap is it!

All we've ever wanted is the service that we purchased which as yet we are yet to receive anything close to.

Comment

Both this nodes had problems due to bug in OpenVZ which managed to create major problems for the Operating System. We had to reload OS on both the nodes last week which resulted in more than 24 hours downtime last week.

We have setup some new nodes to replace this nodes and we will move VPS's from this nodes to new nodes within a week. As of now I cannot say the exact date for move as we will need to move one VPS at a time as this process is manual in case of OpenVZ.

Comment

Can you clarify exactly what the benefits of this migration to new nodes will be?

Are you saying that these new nodes will somehow stop the problems you've had with openvz and the host operating system?

Will these upgrades bring about an end to these prolonged outages that we've suffered over the last couple of months?

Comment

Originally posted by dazzknowles View Post
                    Can you clarify exactly what the benefits of this migration to new nodes will be?

Are you saying that these new nodes will somehow stop the problems you've had with openvz and the host operating system?

Will these upgrades bring about an end to these prolonged outages that we've suffered over the last couple of months?
                    I'd imagine, that it will result in less downtime

Comment

blmey joe, you are digging up some old threads
                      Midlands Weather Forum

Comment

I believe, that this is because i am an idiot. Please forgive me - This wont happen again . I can see that this is a VERY old thread - But what would you class as an "Old Thread"?

Comment

LOL joe,

Ther eis no hard or fast rule, each thread would have to be judged on its own merits based on the length of time since the last post and whether its still relevant to post about the subject.
                          Midlands Weather Forum

Comment

Working...
                          X