Domain ID Protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain ID Protection?

While registering the domain I came across the service called Domain ID Protection, can anyone tell me why I would need domain id protection?

Hello Pixaler,

WHOIS is an organization which maintains the records of the domain registered globally and it also provides all of the registrant details over the internet publically which also includes the nameservers and other simple details that to free of cost. As these information is free of cost anyone tom dick and harry will be able to access your domain details by using various WHOIS Search engines.. Considering the Domain ID Protect for your domain helps you hide your private domain registration details.

Below given Image will give you an idea how and what details Domain ID Protect hides:

Please contact our Sales Team via Live Chat for more details.

Regards,
    Rossie
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rossie; 18-11-14, 06:16 AM.

Comment

You need to pay extra on yearly term for ID protection feature for your domain on top of registration cost.
      Once you have this feature enable then the WHOIS information for your domain gets randomly changed every week to provide you with the highest level of protection against spammers and identity theft.

WHOIS ID opt-out is not valid/applicable for UK business websites.

Comment

Hello There,
        Thank you Rossie and Holly for providing the information about the Whois ID Protect. I am surly going to consider it for safety but I had one more query, will it secure all of my domains if I consider one Whois ID Protect or do I need to buy separately for all of my domains? it would be great if anybody can tell me how much will it cost me to protect my domain name for a month?
        Last edited by Pixaler; 03-12-14, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Hello Pixaler,

You are welcome and I would like to inform you that you need to buy a separate Whois ID Protection for all your domains. And it is offered only on annual or above billing cycle as it will hardly cost you 5.00 annually for each domain.

Regards,
          Rossie

Comment

I have a question on this one:

Is it available only with the domains purchased from you or any other registrar too ??

Comment

You can get this from any registrar you purchase the domain name from.

Comment

Domain Id protection are not available for all domain

Every domain requires valid contact info; it is known as whois and exists for each domain. The function of ID protection is to cover your identity and make available substitute contact info in the whois. Id protection helps to moderate spam, online fraud, and identity stealing by concealing the contact email.

Id protect can be used for TLDs .com, .net, .name, .info, .org, etc.

But the registration policies mostly of domain names for country codes do not permit id protection
                e.g., .in, .asia, .uk.com, .org.uk .co.uk , etc.

Id protection comes at an additional cost

Comment

Please be advised that if you register a domain for one registrar, you need to get the WHOIS ID protect from the same registrar. It can be enabled by the one who owns the domains under his registry.

Comment

Unlock the domain before transfer

If you have the domain registered elsewhere and want Domain ID Protection then you may first get the domain transferred to us. You must note that before you want to transfer the domain to us, the domain must be Unlocked and the email address that you provided must be valid as you will receive an authorization email from the old registrar. You have to authorize the link in the email for the domain transfer to be initiated.

Comment

Working...
                    X