Moving your website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving your website

At times moving your website can be a big deal, it can be complicated and might raise many issues. Do you have a bad experience while moving your website from one server to another? If yes, what is it and what measures can be taken to move your website efficiently along with avoiding data loss?

At the time of moving my e commerce website.

For my website i baught shared hosting but the site is in magento having many loading issues. So we decided to go for dedicated hosting, but at the time of moving my all url got changed, sitemap is missing, my seo work for that perticular url is gone. Some url are shown special character.
    So it is all time consuming for me and bad experience for my online buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Andriyadsouza View Post
      For my website i baught shared hosting but the site is in magento having many loading issues. So we decided to go for dedicated hosting, but at the time of moving my all url got changed, sitemap is missing, my seo work for that perticular url is gone. Some url are shown special character.
      Are these accounts hosted with us? I was unable to locate any account in your name in our system.

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
        At times moving your website can be a big deal, it can be complicated and might raise many issues. Do you have a bad experience while moving your website from one server to another? If yes, what is it and what measures can be taken to move your website efficiently along with avoiding data loss?
        It works great when control panel is cpanel on both your servers. I have not had any issues when getting data migrated from cpanel servers.

Comment

Originally posted by LEE View Post
          It works great when control panel is cpanel on both your servers. I have not had any issues when getting data migrated from cpanel servers.
          Indeed. When control panels on both servers remain similar, it's an easy one. However, you have to be careful with DNS changes. We recommend doing this in off peak hours.

Comment

Absolutely correct. It is good to have the same control panel on both old as well as new server. However, it is recommended to take a complete backup of your data and keep a copy of it on your local machine, so that it can be used if some of your data is lost in the migration process.

Comment

Originally posted by Andriyadsouza View Post
              Your webhost should help you with the data migration provided you have same control panel at both ends (New & Old webhost)
              You can simply take account backup and provide it to your new webhost so that they can get it restored maintaining your customized setting and configurations.

Comment

Same control panels indeed make it easy to migrate the data. If not then you loose a lot of stuff. You need to create mailboxes, databases first from the new control panel which is very time consuming.

Comment

Working...
                X