.com vs .info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .com vs .info

I am thinking of getting a .info domain for my website that is based on region specific information. I would like to know if .info domain can be beneficial for my website. Is it right to get a .info domain name when everyone prefers a .com? Will it have an effect on our official blog?

Usually .info domains are informative websites whereas .com is preferred for an commercial use, if it's just an 'region specific information' portal then .info would be the right choice else try to have .com extension if you plan to earn some sort of revenue from your website. (traveling packages, hotel booking, air fare etc..)
    UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
    Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Well .com is for commercial purpose and .info is for information purpose but nowadays it doesn't make any difference.
      .info is cheaper than .com and .com is well know to all people but if you ask about the .info to someone who don't have good knowledge then you will find the real difference. As such both does not make any difference as far as the content is good.

Comment

.com is still the most widely preferred domain TLD available and hence if it's available to register, I would suggest you to go ahead and register it. The content definitely makes a difference but it's found that search engines still prefer .com TLD over any other TLD's and the fact that it's the easiest of the TLD's to remember cannot be ignored.

Comment

You can also use the country specific domain name extensions like .co.uk or .co.au. It is clear that you are targeting traffic from a particular country.

Comment

Though a .Com domain extension was built for commercial websites, but nowadays these .com domains are used for general purpose. However, I would personally recommend you to go with a .info domain as it still has a great value for websites providing information.

Comment

Usually .info domains are not preferred if you plan to optimize your website for SE's.
              .info domains were heavily used for spamming in the past hence their importance got deteriorated but if you have no other option/availibility then may think of .info which are offered at very low price.

Comment

Working...
              X