Importance of Softaculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importance of Softaculous

I would like to know what is the significance of Softaculous? Does a web hosting plan become more efficient if Softaculous is included in it?

Softaculous is an Auto Installer which is provided with the Linux website hosting Packages. You can install some scripts through it with a few clicks. There are more than 215 scripts available. You can build the website faster and easier. It will save your money which maybe required for web design and you can build your website by yourself.
    Last edited by Matt Glory; 26-08-11, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Hi Christina,

I personally use Softaculous to install all of my software including forums and blogs because of the ease of use and convenience of it versus installing manually. We include Softaculous on our servers which host shared and reseller hosting customers.

Comment

Thanks for the information. If I opt for a shared hosting plan, do I need to pay extra charges for getting Softaculous?

Comment

Originally posted by Christina View Post
          Thanks for the information. If I opt for a shared hosting plan, do I need to pay extra charges for getting Softaculous?
          No . It comes free with all shared and reseller packages. The only time you would need to pay for Softaculous yourself is if you bought a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or Semi Dedicated/Dedicated Server from us for example.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I would like to host a website that consists of a database of music tracks that can be downloaded. What do you suggest for me? Is a shared hosting plan appropriate or should I opt for a VPS hosting plan? Any charges for Softaculous in the VPS hosting plan?

Comment

I would like to host a website that consists of a database of music tracks that can be downloaded. What do you suggest for me? Is a shared hosting plan appropriate or should I opt for a VPS hosting plan? Any charges for Softaculous in the VPS hosting plan?
              Hi Christina,

If you opt for VPS hosting you will need to purchase Softaculous yourself, however there is a free version of Softaculous available that you can request our team to install for you at any time. As to whether you require shared or VPS hosting depends entirely on the amount of traffic your website receives or is expected to receive over a period of time. If you expect your site to receive a lot of traffic in the near to mid term future, it may be beneficial to purchase VPS hosting, otherwise you may want to opt for shared hosting with us.

If you intend to purchase VPS hosting from us, as I said, Softaculous is available in both free and premium versions and the premium version costs just $12 per year for VPS servers or $75 for a lifetime VPS license (which will save you having to pay for the license each year). The monthly license is even better in the short term costing just $1.50 per month for the VPS license. More information can be found on the Softaculous website. It's worth noting the premium version allows you to install more software including WordPress, phpBB and the likes.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask .

Comment

For your requirements, a good amount of resources will be needed and as suggested, a VPS is a better option for you. If you do not wish to pay the licensing fee of Softaculous, you can install the applications you need manually but it's recommended that you choose Softaculous with the VPS.
                Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
                Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Hello Christina,

Softaculous is not just an auto/instant installer. Softaculous also maintains Users Ratings and makes it available to the end users in the Softaculous Panel. Softaculous provides Users reviews given by various users of these softwares. You can also Rate and Review a software which will help others make a wise choice. To help USERS choose the right software to install, Softaculous maintains Demos of the various softwares.

Why Softaculous?

* Softaculous Installer has 215 + scripts inbuild, more scripts than Fantastico.

* User friendly than Fantastico and better user interface and less time consuming in the Installation process.

* Ability to install JavaScript Libraries.

* Viewing of Ratings from the users who already have used by others.

* Backup of necessary applications.

* Overwrite option for already existing files.

The best part of the softaculous Panel it has wide variety of scripts as required by the user to host and power their own websites performance. Softaculous pretty much works on the two most famous web hosting controls, the cpanel and the DirectAdmin.

Comment

The best part of Softaculous is that it provides with a wide range of scripts that can be used by the user to power the websites. It provides with a great platform to make the website more efficient and impressive. It is not difficult even for a newbie to use Softaculous. Softaculous has a wonderful interface and everything is very well scripted therefore the scripts and applications are easy to find and understand.

Comment

Customers always prefer to use easy scripts that also build their website. Blogs, e-commerce applications etc are most commonly used. It has become easy to install them due to the script installers. More and more users are switching to softaculous because of the number of scripts it provides and also since the scripts use latest and stable versions. It also provide you an option to migrate from other 3rd party script installers. The paid version of softaculous provides you a lot of helpful scripts.

Comment

Softaculous is specifically beneficial to the eCommerce websites in terms of making them more attractive and also more powerful. It supports various shopping cart software applications that are beneficial to the eCommerce websites along with the scripts provided. Having Softaculous with eCommerce hosting is surely an added advantage.

Comment

Working...
                        X