Question on VPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on VPS

Hi, i have been looking into some hosting for a classified site i would like to set up, and i have been looking into the VPS linux servers mainly the starter package. Or would a shared server be better to start off with early on and then move up to a vps when needed, any help would be great.
    Also the classified script has these requirements and i would just like to clarify that the servers can meet these, the requirements are as follows:

Linux/Unix/Windows OS (Linux or Unix are recommended)
    PHP 4.x, 5.x or above
    ZEND Optimizer v3.0 or above OR ionCube v3.0 or above
    Apache Server 1.3.x
    MySQL 4.1.x, 5.1.x or above
    Rewrite Module (Recommended)
    GD Library 2.x
    cURL Library (Recommended)
    Cron Jobs
    Around 10 Mb free space

Thanks for your time
    Chris

Originally posted by super_st View Post
    Hi, i have been looking into some hosting for a classified site i would like to set up, and i have been looking into the VPS linux servers mainly the starter package. Or would a shared server be better to start off with early on and then move up to a vps when needed, any help would be great.
    Also the classified script has these requirements and i would just like to clarify that the servers can meet these, the requirements are as follows:

Linux/Unix/Windows OS (Linux or Unix are recommended)
    PHP 4.x, 5.x or above
    ZEND Optimizer v3.0 or above OR ionCube v3.0 or above
    Apache Server 1.3.x
    MySQL 4.1.x, 5.1.x or above
    Rewrite Module (Recommended)
    GD Library 2.x
    cURL Library (Recommended)
    Cron Jobs
    Around 10 Mb free space

Thanks for your time
    Chris
    Hello Chris to WebHostingUK forums

All your requirements are fine and our Shared plans can also fulfill your requirements. You can consider our Linux Shared plans which have Cent OS as the Operating System of the server. Our Linux Shared servers have PHP 5.x, MySQL 5.x, Apache 2.2.19. If your space and bandwidth requirements are minimal, you can start with a Shared Hosting plan and upgrade the plan as your website grows. You can check our Linux Shared plans from the below link :-

Linux Shared plans

Feel free to post if you have more queries.
    Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
    Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
    Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

You can also consider VPS hosting solution where you have dedicated server resources allotted to your server which is not the case in shared platform. VPSs are quite better and faster compared to low end shared plans which are suitable for basic websites with limited traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pongers View Post
        You can also consider VPS hosting solution where you have dedicated server resources allotted to your server which is not the case in shared platform. VPSs are quite better and faster compared to low end shared plans which are suitable for basic websites with limited traffic.

Yeah thats what i was originally looking at, but it was just a bit more than i wanted to pay, but i will still deffo consider that, all depends on the bank balance

Comment

Yeah thats what i was originally looking at, but it was just a bit more than i wanted to pay, but i will still deffo consider that, all depends on the bank balance
          Hello Chris,
          Initially you can consider our basic VPS package which can be upgraded later. You can go with 'STARTER' plan which comes with webspace=10 GB, Monthly Bandwidth=300 GB, Guaranteed RAM =512 MB,Full Root SSH Access and lot of other features.
          Please refer following link for package details >> VPS Hosting | cPanel VPS Hosting | Linux VPS Web Hosting UK
          Please confirm the billing term you wish to go with since we offer you a special deal on Annual billing term. Pay for 10 months and use server for a whole year (12 months) You save 2 months Hosting cost if you manage to go with yearly payment option!
          UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
          Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

In the initial stages, you can choose one of our cPanel hosting plans and then upgrade to a Linux VPS package. It would be a good option to choose a cPanel hosting plan in the initial stages as you will get to know the original requirements of your website and what additional features you need which will help you to select the next package.
            Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
            Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Have you got a chance to take any decision ? let me know if i can help you with package selection. You can PM your requirements and budget, I will check if i can manage some deal for you.
              UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
              Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

I still have some saving for the script i want so wont be getting any hosting this moment in time, just wanted to figure everything out rather than do it all last minute and rush into something thats wrong. As soon as i have the script i will be ready for it, thanks for the help guys, and if i have any more questions i will make sure i ask.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the update. You can contact us via Live chat once you are ready to place the order. One of our Sales Executive will assist you through the order process.
                  Webhosting UK :: Reseller Hosting | Fully Managed Dedicated Server
                  Partner with Webhosting UK Com Ltd
                  Follow us on Social Networks like Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

Right basically i will be getting my script shortly, and was gonna go with the shared advanced package, but realised i had to pay yearly upfront, so may just go with VPS as it looks as tho i can pay monthly, is that right? as i do prefer monthly payments

Also is it advised to get cpanel.

And do i purchase a domain name after when purchasing a VPS as when u sign up to shared hosting u choose the name straight away?

Comment

Right basically i will be getting my script shortly, and was gonna go with the shared advanced package, but realised i had to pay yearly upfront, so may just go with VPS as it looks as tho i can pay monthly, is that right? as i do prefer monthly payments

Also is it advised to get cpanel.
                      Yes, our cPanel shared hosting plans are registered on yearly basis only, however, there are no contracts and hence you can cancel the cPanel shared hosting plan at any point of time. Though, you can choose a Linux VPS with cPanel control panel if you wish to do that. Choosing cPanel control panel is advisable as it will allow you to manage your server efficiently.

And do i purchase a domain name after when purchasing a VPS as when u sign up to shared hosting u choose the name straight away?
                      Yes, you can register a domain name while placing an order for the VPS. Once you have the VPS in the shopping cart, you can go back and register the domain from our website itself and once you have the package and domain in the shopping cart, you can checkout and proceed with the payment.
                      Cloud Shared Web Hosting UK | Dedicated Servers | Request Dedicated Server Hosting Quote
                      Contest :: Refer and Win a FREE Domain and FREE Hosting

Comment

Working...
                      X