Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows shared hosting

Hi,

I look after a small sports club site at the moment which provides news etc which is hosted elsewhere. We want to provide a wiki style history of the club that past and current members can contribute to. I was thinking MediaWiki (I believe you can install this) to achieve this. We also want to move our membership database (MS SQL preferred) online and provide a web front end for the adminstration (is there a "off the shelf" front end available?)

Would the windows supreme shared hosting meet my needs? The current site is around 2.5GB so the 5GB capacity would suffice for now but may be limiting in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

Originally posted by ChrisS View Post
    Hi,

I look after a small sports club site at the moment which provides news etc which is hosted elsewhere. We want to provide a wiki style history of the club that past and current members can contribute to. I was thinking MediaWiki (I believe you can install this) to achieve this. We also want to move our membership database (MS SQL preferred) online and provide a web front end for the adminstration (is there a "off the shelf" front end available?)

Would the windows supreme shared hosting meet my needs? The current site is around 2.5GB so the 5GB capacity would suffice for now but may be limiting in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris
    Hello Chris,

Yes, we can indeed help you with installing MediaWiki on your account. You'll just need to take care of configuring it. These are generally customized settings.

Do you know the size of the SQL database?

Comment

A Windows based web hosting plan is definitely the best suit for you. In case of shared hosting, your website will be hosted on a shared server however it will be allocated sufficient place on the server for carrying out the website related activities. With Windows shared hosting you can get the server space according to your requirements of web space and monthly bandwidth. You will get affordable Windows web hosting plans with Webhosting UK and you will also get the authorization of creating multiple databases and email accounts. Web Hosting UK also offers a database support to SQL Server 2005, MS SQL 2008, MY SQL, MS ACCESS, ODBC and PhpMyAdmin.
      WHUK :: Reseller Hosting UKCloud Web Hosting UKDedicated Server Hosting UK
      Follow us on social networks Facebook, Twitter and Google+

Comment

Hi Rachael,

Real sorry for the delay replying. What are you billing options? At the moment, I have to pay but I'd rather you (when we switch) bill the club directly, preferrably by DD?

Thanks,
        Chris

Comment

Hello Chris,
          Our Shared Hosting plans are only offered on annual billing term.
          'Windows Supreme' package will cost you 99.99GBP / year, It's online order and payment process, you can select Paypal, Google checkout, Moneybookers or Online Bank transfer payment mode. It's instant account setup after payment update in our system.
          Let us know if you need any help or assistance with the order process.
          UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
          Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Working...
          X