Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drupal on a shared cpanel hosting?

Is it possible to use Drupal on your shared hosting, in particular:

1 - What is the php timeout set for? Can I override it?
    2 - How much memory is available?
    3 - Is there a limit on the number of database queries per hour?

The above are mainly in relation to the Drupal admin which seems to require higher than average resources, if my site ever got busy I would obviously upgrade to VPS, but whilst it is small I'd rather just host on shared, but am concerned whether that is possible given Drupals admin is rather resource hungry.

Thanks for any help.

Support for Drupal application | Fantastico

Hi Chuffy,

Welcome to WebHosting.uk.com Forum Community ..!

All our Linux Shared Hosting Plans include the application service Drupal. You may start with any of the linux shared hosting plans and can install the Drupal application by few clicks from the control panel feature - Fantastico.

What is the php timeout set for? Can I override it?
    Yes, you can override session timeout.

How much memory is available?
    The resources are shared by all the accounts on the shared server, we have not set any limit however if there's something to set for your account we will increase it and if that still does not solves the issue, we can then move on the VPS account.

Is there a limit on the number of database queries per hour?
    There is no such limit set to the account.

You may refer to both the links mentioned below for more information on support and services for Linux Shared Account and Linux VPS Account :

1. Linux Shared Hosting
    2. Linux VPS Hosting.

Let me know if you have any more questions?
    Looking forward towards your signup.....

Comment

Well Chuffy, you can start with mid-sized shared hosting package and can try hosting your Drupal based website on it. If it's not a huge website then you can go with shared hosting package which can be upgrade later at any moment.

Comment

Chuffy,
        I hope all your Drupal Hosting related doubts are cleared now, please let us know if you still need any more help or information we would be glad to answer them !!!
        UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
        Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

I have one question. I was wondering if we can customize our Drupal - based website ?

Comment

Hey Shane, could you please elaborate, what are you referring "customize our Drupal - based website" with?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              I have one question. I was wondering if we can customize our Drupal - based website ?
              Certainly. You will get full access to your website no matter which hosting plan you select and hence it is possible for you to customize your website as per your requirements. However, the resources provided with the hosting plan should be enough, otherwise, you might have to upgrade your hosting plan

Comment

Well, as Drupal is open source Content Management System (CMS) you can
                easily customization your website based on Drupal provided you have sound knowledge of web programming languages like PHP and other.
                You also have Drupal Contrib Modules a plug-in modules which you need to install for better website management although you have many inbuilt core modules & themes offered by default.
                UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 100 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Drupal is one of the best CMS and the best part of it is Open source. This CMS is written in PHP and requires database connection of MySQL database. It also has basic installations and you can also customize it as per your skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanersone View Post
                    Hey Shane, could you please elaborate, what are you referring "customize our Drupal - based website" with?
                    Basically, i am refering to the standard installations and if i want to customize. Although, it has been answered by Garry.

Comment

If you are looking to host a Drupal based website, I would recommend you to consider a Linux cPanel hosting plan.

Linux hosting plans are offered with cPanel control panel which includes Fantastico through which it is possible to install Drupal with a few simple clicks

Comment

Fantastico is best for such purposes(installing scripts on a single click), you can install many of such scripts with ease. You get this Fantastico with cPanel control panel which is associated with the Linux OS, hence the web hosting solution advised above would be good for you

Comment

Fantastico which is provided with cPanel control panel allows the user to install various scripts which includes WordPress, b2evolution, Drupal, Geeklog, Joomla, PHP-Nuke, Xoops, PerlDesk, PHP Support Tickets, Support Logic Helpdesk, phpBB, SMF, CubeCart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart, AccountLab Plus, phpCOIN, 4Images Gallery, PHPlist, phpESP etc.

These scripts can be installed with a few simple clicks which makes it possible for a newbie to install these scripts.

Comment

Thats correct.One thing thats good about having a cPanel Control panel is that it offers easy single click installation scripts encompassed within Fantastico. Not to state the easy interface of cPanel thats makes it even simpler hence the widely preferred web hosting control panel.

Comment

If I am not wrong, Linux OS is chosen as a hosting environment with one of the major reason as a cPanel control panel. So I guess at the instance where the requirements arise for cPanel, Linux hosting solutions are preferred

Comment

Working...
                              X