Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99.95% Uptime Guarantee

Hi everybody,

This is Samuel and have a question about your services. On the home page of your website, I see that you provide 99.95% uptime guarantee. What all does it cover? What do you mean by uptime here?

Hey Samuel,

to the Webhosting UK forums!

Web Hosting UK offers 99.95% network and power uptime guarantee. Uptime is the a period of time when a server is functioning and available for use. Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi Samuel,

Uptime is the amount time for which your website will be LIVE in a particular calendar month. Our network is normally up 100% of the time but we guarantee that the network will be available at least 99.95% of the time in a calendar month, including scheduled maintenance.

Comment

Samuel to Webhosting UK community.
        Offering maximum uptime guarantee should be the main focus of any web hosting service provider. I hope you must have been satisfied by the James reply.
        We would like to know if you have decided about the hosting package you would like to order with Webhosting UK !!!
        UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
        Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Thank you all!

Doubts are cleared now. One more question here. If I consider your Linux Shared Hosting plan for now and later if I need to move to Windows with an upgrade, say Windows VPS then will it be possible for me to do such upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            Thank you all!

Doubts are cleared now. One more question here. If I consider your Linux Shared Hosting plan for now and later if I need to move to Windows with an upgrade, say Windows VPS then will it be possible for me to do such upgrade?
            Yes you can upgrade from Linux Shared Hosting plan to Windows VPS. Web Hosting UK allows this kind of upgrade. Let us wait for anyone of Web Hosting UK members to confirm.

Comment

At any point of time you can upgrade from Linux Shared Hosting to Windows VPS or Semi-Dedicated or Dedicated Server. All you need to do is contact our billing department through 24x7 Live Chat or Email support.

Comment

Webhosting.uk.com do not charge extra for upgrade. Only you will need to pay the difference between the 2 packages.

Comment

Okay so then my data will be migrated to the VPS by you guys. Am I right? or do I need to do it myself as the control panel will be changed?

Comment

In that case, I will recommend you to choose Plesk control panel with a Linux VPS server. You can have Plesk on Windows as well and will make things better at the time of migration.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel View Post
                      In that case, I will recommend you to choose Plesk control panel with a Linux VPS server. You can have Plesk on Windows as well and will make things better at the time of migration.

Hi Rachel,

Please check my previous post.

Thank you all!

I want to start with Linux Shared Hosting now and then probably move to Windows VPS. I get cPanel with Linux Shared hosting and Plesk with Windows VPS. So will migration be done by you in this case?

Comment

Hi Rachel,

Please check my previous post.

I want to start with Linux Shared Hosting now and then probably move to Windows VPS. I get cPanel with Linux Shared hosting and Plesk with Windows VPS. So will migration be done by you in this case?
                        Hello Samuel,

Here is how it actually goes.If you have a linux shared account (with cPanel) and want to upgrade to Windows VPS (with Plesk), a webhost usually creates accounts for you on the upgraded plan.He provides you with a backed up of your account from the shared server plan alongwith a link through which you can download the data onto your local machine.Later when your VPS is set-up you'd have to manually upload the data onto the new plan.
                        Whereas if you have the same control panel then things become very simple for you as well as for the web host.

Comment

Well, i would like to advice you to start with Windows Shared instead of Linux which will help in smooth account upgrade and migration process.
                          UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
                          Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                            Well, i would like to advice you to start with Windows Shared instead of Linux which will help in smooth account upgrade and migration process.
                            Thank you for your suggestion Harry! However, I am not using ASP.net frameworks or MSSQL databases. So I think Linux shall be fine for me.

Comment

Just curious to know when are you planning to sign up ?

Comment

Working...
                              X