Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web hosting inability to provide a cloud package

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Web hosting inability to provide a cloud package

    Dear All,

    Can current users tell me why when I was offered a Hyper V cloud package (not a cheap one) and promised that it would take no longer than eight hours I am still here waiting three weeks later.

    This has been an awful experience with staff doing bits and pieces and halting work. Even with Jenna Strong's involvement this has carried on this long.

    I am very dissatified with this and wanted to know how many users expereinced this.

    Regards

    A poor user of 4 years - (a simple shared account worked fine until the email system failed weekly in recent months, which is why I was upgrading (at their suggestion).... wish I hadn't bothered :-(
    Last edited by SteveRob; 07-11-11, 10:11 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by SteveRob View Post
    Dear All,

    Can current users tell me why when I was offered a Hyper V cloud package (not a cheap one) and promised that it would take no longer than eight hours I am still here waiting three weeks later.

    This has been an awful experience with staff doing bits and pieces and halting work. Even with Jenna Strong's involvement this has carried on this long.

    I am very dissatified with this and wanted to know how many users expereinced this.

    Regards

    A poor user of 4 years - (a simple shared account worked fine until the email system failed weekly in recent months, which is why I was upgrading (at their suggestion).... wish I hadn't bothered :-(
    Dear Steve,

    Once again I would like to apologise for the delayed setup and migration you have experienced. I believe i have already responded to you in your tickets regarding the setup of the Hyper V cloud package.

    The setup time of 8 hours advised by our sales team is a time frame that we normally adhere to.

    As you are aware there were delays in processing your order as we were unable to verify that payment had been received via bank transfer. You were frequently asked to send proof of payment in the form of a screenshot but you declined stating that you did not feel this was secure. We can understand your position and security concerns regarding this which is why there was a delay until the payment could be located. I have already agreed that communication as to why we need proof of payment could have been better.

    Once the payment was located the setup commenced however our technical team quickly realised that in order for your sites to be able to function effectively you would need to purchase extra RAM. This caused delays as at first as you refused to pay this additional amount as you did not understand the reasoning's why and you felt that the product was miss- sold. This is where your complaint was escalated to myself and we worked to resolve this and you agreed to pay the additional amount.

    Setup was completed and the task of migrating from your old server began, however our technical team did experience problems when trying to restore the backups. We agree that this went on for some time and our technical team could have resolved this sooner.

    I could go further with my explanations however I feel that this would continue for some time. The notification that you would need to purchase an additional SSL certificate prompted you to cancel this order and request a refund. Yes we have acknowledged that there were unnecessary delays in responding to your emails and we have already apologised for this. As you are aware from your ticket you have been offered a full refund of the new package amount.

    Kind Regards,
    Jenna Strong.

    Comment

    Working...
    X