B+ Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B+ Service

Our organisation recently purchased a reseller account and so far I've been very pleased with the service we are receiving.

Even though I know very little about web hosting and server technologies etc we do want to use our domains to provide a number of services. The support I've received from the support staff, both live support and via opening tickets, has been quite exceptional.

They have helped install software, restored a mysql dump and then restored it again when i deleted all our site users.

My advise to other newbies through is where possible use the ticket system. Going through the same scenario over and over again with live support can be a bit like pulling teeth. At least with the ticket system you have some record of the communication between yourself and the support people.

One slight little niggle is that support don't always explain why you are experiencing the problems you are contacting them about, which doesn't really help with the learning curve.

Oh and the community are really helpful too... sorry nearly forgot those fab people who are always ready to help where they can
    Before I forget - I'm on a Linux Reseller Plan lol

Originally posted by hmcm2006 View Post
    One slight little niggle is that support don't always explain why you are experiencing the problems you are contacting them about, which doesn't really help with the learning curve.
    This is a problem that you find in most places, as commonly it's easy to fix the problem when you know how, but explaining it isn't always the easiest of tasks. Generally when given a problem, people can provide pointers on where to find information, and the rest of the learning curve is up to you to follow, it's difficult when you first set out in doing something like this, but believe me, it gets much easier with time, and you'll learn plenty of tricks to find out where your problem lies, one of those tools of the trade though, is something you said about on another post which is SSH access, learn how to use that, and you'll be solving the root of your problems in no time, and even if you can't, you'll be able to give support a very good heads up on the possibilities of what might be wrong.

Now that i know what plan you're on I'll go re-edit my other post lol
    Hexo
    -------
    The man that knows how, is always working for the man that knows why

Comment

How's that

It's usually daft oclock in the morning when I get the time to play so I'm always forgetting things - numpty
      Last edited by hmcm2006; 30-08-09, 03:50 PM. Reason: where is my new signature?
      Before I forget - I'm on a Linux Reseller Plan lol

Comment

Join the club, it's usually daft in the am when most of my real work gets done, and most of my re-work from the previous nights escapades
        Hexo
        -------
        The man that knows how, is always working for the man that knows why

Comment

Working...
        X