Affiliate marketing for a newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliate marketing for a newbie

I will be doing affiliate marketing for the first time, however I have certain doubts about it.

1. Do I need to have an auto responder for affiliate marketing?

2.Do I need a blog or a website for this? If yes what is the right place to post the affiliate links?

3. If I want to have a website and blog running simultaneously, do I need two separate hosting accounts for that?

4. I have heard about a squeeze page. I would like to know where do I set it up? And how will I link it to the website or the blog?

I would like to start earning money with affiliate marketing, so please guide me for the above questions. I have still not found satisfactory answers for these questions.

Could you let me know which autoresponder are you referring to?

It is better to have your own blog/website and you can then link the affiliate links from there.

If I want to have a website and blog running simultaneously, do I need two separate hosting accounts for that?

Most of the hosting plans will allow you to host multiple sites.

Comment

I believe that setting up a squeeze page will gather contact information of the visitors such as email address and name. In order to manage the list, you will definitely require a special Autoresponder software. Having an autoresponder software will enable to send important messages and offers to your subscribers (i.e. mailing list) any time you want. I would recommend you to go for Autoresponse Plus. However, there are other popular autoresponder software's such as Aweber and GetResponse. It's up to you, make the decision based on the features and benefits.

For more affiliate marketing tips I would suggest you to search the affiliate marketing section.

Comment

How does having your own blog/website help with affiliate? Is it mandatory to have one website before some one can join the affiliate program of any company?

Comment

Originally posted by Helina View Post
          How does having your own blog/website help with affiliate? Is it mandatory to have one website before some one can join the affiliate program of any company?
          Nope, there's no compulsion of having a hosting account with our Affiliate program. Similar programs offered by other companies might have such a mandate, you can check their affiliate program TOS to seek information.

As far as having a blog or a website for affiliate promotions is concerned, then yes having one should increase your chances of generating an affiliate sale. Blogs are rich with content and can attract a lot of visitors through the search engines as well as from the promotions you do. It's easier to explain through these mediums, therefore you'd find a lot of individuals utilizing this platform.

Comment

So an affiliate is required to advertise for the hosting company and if from the blog the company gets an order, the commission is paid. Is that right?

Comment

I don't think its called advertising completely. Lets say if you become a affiliate for my company and recommend anyone to use my services, I pay you the commission. So if its through a banner or a link or verbal, it all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Emlyn View Post
                So an affiliate is required to advertise for the hosting company and if from the blog the company gets an order, the commission is paid. Is that right?
                That's right, having signed-up for the affiliate program, you get access to a separate affiliate portal. Upon logging into it, you can choose between multiple options i.e. products that you wish to promote with your affiliate link, its banners (of different sizes), text links etc. You'd get a much needed flexibility to choose between such and more choices.

Then, all you need to do is just use the particular affiliate link in the promotions that you do - whether through your blog or other mediums, this helps the system to track if someone places an order after following the affiliate url. The applicable commission is then added to your account.

Comment

What happens if I simply ask a friend to go on your website and place the order? How will that be tracked and how do I know about the commission tracking?

Comment

Hi Emlyn,

We are ok with them as long as you can let us know in advance about the order. Since it is easy to track via the affiliate system, we insist that you create a affiliate account which takes a minute or two and is absolutely free. You can easily track the referred orders and commissions from there.

Comment

Hello Rachel,

I want to know if the affiliate program is still active and for free as I am planing to signup in another couple of days or in a week. Please update me asap!
                      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan View Post
                        Hello Rachel,

I want to know if the affiliate program is still active and for free as I am planing to signup in another couple of days or in a week. Please update me asap!
                        Thank you.
                        Hello Rowan,

Yes, the affiliates program is still active and you can simply signup for our affiliates from our website at no cost as it is free. You can easily get in touch with our support admins via live chat for an instant help.

Thanks and Regards,
                        EdwardS

Comment

The best thing to do is to build an email list, for which you will need an autoresponder. The reason being that if you are able to have a database of people who will buy from you again and again, you have a means to a passive income stream.

Comment

Working...
                          X