Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the working procedure of the computer port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the working procedure of the computer port?

I want to know how the ports work on computers.

I know that ports play an important role in computers but even I don’t know how do they work. I am also eager to know that.

Comment

Ports help computers recognize what to do with the information they obtain.
      There are different ports and each port handles a specific task.

Comment

How many ports are available?

Comment

There are 65,535 ports available. They are designated by numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivy Afton View Post
            There are 65,535 ports available. They are designated by numbers.
            Wow, they are a lot. I am really very happy I found your post when I was looking for the business plan for book store online. Thanks for sharing them with us. I will also share your post with my friend because he is also searching for this information.
            Last edited by DavidArmstrong; 11-05-22, 06:11 AM.

Comment

What is TCP and UDP?

Comment

TCP and UDP are two protocols for delivering information over the internet.

Comment

TCP means Transmission control protocol and UDP means User datagram protocol.
                  1) TCP (Transmission control protocol) allows the user to select how a specific Computer should connect to the internet and how data should be sent between them.
                  2) Multicast and broadcast network transmissions are carried by using UDP (User datagram protocol). The User datagram protocol functions similarly to the Transmission control protocol, but it eliminates all of the back-and-forth deliverability and communication, as well as all error-checking.

Comment

Which one is more reliable?

Comment

TCP is more reliable because it ensures information transmission to the targeted network.

Comment

A computer port is a connector between a system and its external devices. A computer port's main role is to serve as a point of intersection to peripheral cords, allowing data to be transferred to and from the computer.

Comment

Working...
                        X