Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a picture as a background on my web pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a picture as a background on my web pages?

I was trying to place different background images on multiple pages. I am using: HTML tags to work on so the Point the body background to the name of your image you wish to use as the background as shown below. This body line should be the first line after your </head> tag.

<body background="picture.gif">

You can also have the background image fixed, so it does not move when using the scroll bar in the browser. To do this add the BGPROPERTIES tag as shown below.

<body background="picture.gif" bgproperties="fixed">

Thanks for the information you had shared with us, can we add multiple colour effect by adding some more colour tags or there are some different tag which will help to make the necessary changes i have mentioned.
    Last edited by rocky123; 01-02-11, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Do you mean you want to add color effects to a photograph? You can do that with image editing software, but you need to do that beforehand. As far as I know, there's no way to alter the color of your photograph with code. Just make sure to save it as a .jpg rather than a .png unless the image size is fairly small. Otherwise, it will take forever to load and search engines don't like that.

Comment

Background images are attention-getting. I like them because the code is easy, but you get a web page that looks impressive. The biggest issue is text readability. If you have a lot of text on the page, you might have to use a solid colored background for that block of text.

Comment

In order to add the image along with a specific color to your background image, you can add this code after the </Head> section of your page

</HEAD>
          <body background="your background image.gif" bgcolor="#000000">

All you have to do is replace your background image.gif with the actual image name, and #000000 with the actual color code that you want.

Comment

If part of your background image is transparent, any solid HTML color you have specified will show in the background. However, if the background image is opaque, the background color won't display.
            Last edited by GeorgieQ; 29-08-11, 10:22 PM.

Comment

A photograph covering the entire background of your website is a great look no doubt. Just watch that your file size is modest. You don't want to cause any problems with loading time.

Comment

If you have a photo in the background, what about your text? You might need to use some photo editing software to adjust the color properties. Photos as text background can be kind of risky.

Comment

I have used photos in the background with good results. Sometimes it is just a matter of positioning the text where the background is light. You can also use reverse text if parts of the image are dark.

Comment

The contrast has to be low enough to make it work. Go to color edit mode in your program and see if you can reduce the contrast to a negative value. It obviously changes the look of the photograph, but you can still have a nice effect and readable type.

Comment

Do people still use background images in body tags with HTML? That's a pretty obsolete way of doing things nowadays.

It's recommended to keep stuff like that in CSS where it belongs .

Comment

Working...
                      X