Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a user to a WordPress blog decides to delete his/her account...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a user to a WordPress blog decides to delete his/her account...

If a user to a WordPress blog decides to delete his/her account. How do I go about providing this functionality to him/her?

What would be especially useful is if I got a notice that this happened as well. Perhaps in the form of an email to me.

I am not sure if this is a plug-in issue or not.

Well, by default there is no such feature available in wordpress to delete his/her own account.
    Even if you assign administrator privilege to user, he can modify aother users but cannot delete his/her own account.

While looking into WP arena, I have found one Plugin on wordpress i.e User Self Delete which will meet your requirement.
    You can download and view more details on plugin at www[Dot]wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-self-delete/

But in this plugin I did not found any option to send notification to administrator once user is deleted.
    You can search google for similar plugin or modify the one I have provided you as per your requirement with the help of your web developer.
    Last edited by WHUK-Brent; 10-08-10, 07:27 AM.
    WhUK-BrEnT

Comment

I was watching this thread because I was under the impression that there was no way to delete a word press account. Thank you for the helpful information.

Comment

Thanks for the information about the User Self Delete plugin, as I also need the feature. Normally I would just ask the users to drop me an email and I will delete their accounts manually.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          . Normally I would just ask the users to drop me an email and I will delete their accounts manually.
          Yeah, that would be the best option rather then trying some weird plugin
          UK VPS Hosting || Managed Server Hosting || Reseller Hosting
          Webhosting affiliate program can make you earn upto 300 Webhosting UK Affiliate

Comment

Working...
          X