Attackers Hits on Google Password System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attackers Hits on Google Password System

The NY Times reports that intruders have stolen the source code of Google's single sign-on authentication system. Google is making changes to the system because there is possibility that the attackers could analyze the code to find new exploits in the future. http:// www. nytimes.com/2010/04/20/technology/20google.html?src=busln
    In another report, hackers are breaking into legitimate Gmail accounts to use them to send spam messages. http:// www. pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/194635/drugdealing_spammers_hit_gmail_accounts.html
    Last edited by paul; 22-04-10, 02:34 PM.

Google had found that the attackers made their way from computers in China and it might be possible that Google stopped it's services in Mainland China due to this reason

Comment

I can't believe how encroaching that is, and how Google randomly grant them such privileges?

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
        I can't believe how encroaching that is, and how Google randomly grant them such privileges?
        Certainly not. Google did not grant them those privileges. Why would Google do that?

It is reported that Google's system named as Gaia which is a system for the password protection of Google's services was attacked from servers in China, however, it is said that the passwords and the personal information was not leaked.

Comment

It's very unfortunate, should issues like this occur.
          Webhosting.UK.com || VPS Hosting || Reseller Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            It's very unfortunate, should issues like this occur.
            Another unfortunate news is the fact that a computer of one of the Google's Employees in China was used to gain access to other computers of Google's Employees due to which the attackers were able to gain access to the Google's system

Comment

Originally posted by WH-Garry9 View Post
              Certainly not. Google did not grant them those privileges. Why would Google do that?
              I mean how their system grant such privilege to attacker, how such biggest company can leave loop hole to penetrate?
              Last edited by paul; 26-04-10, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                I mean how their system grant such privilege to attacker, how such biggest company can leave loop hole to penetrate?
                Well, it is reported that there was no fault in the system of Google.

According to Google, the intruders sent a link to one of the Google's employees working in China and after the link was clicked, they were able to access the employees computer and then the computers of other employees (developers). After they were able to access the computers of Google's developers, they were able to gain access to the software repository of Google

Comment

Human fault, huh? I hope that what actually happened and Google really managed to fix the problems. I started wondering if the single sign-on authentication system applied by Google is a good idea. I hope it is.

Comment

Working...
                  X