Every British citizen to have personal webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every British citizen to have personal webpage

The British Prime Minister is going to announce that everyone in Great Britain will be given a personalized webpage within a year for accessing Government services that will save billions of pounds by putting all public services online.

The Times reported "Within another three years, the secure site would include a Facebook-style interactive service allowing people to ask medical advice of their doctor or consult their children's teachers".

Source: http:// www. telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/7484600/Every-citizen-to-have-personal-webpage.html

Good news for all UK Webhosting Service Provider

Comment

Well, I think this major Government system must be secured enough so that no one can steal person's identity.

Comment

Just another part of the big brother network, I wonder if the old dosser down by the river will get a free laptop as well
        I'm thinking of a good signature

Comment

Originally posted by magthered View Post
          Just another part of the big brother network, I wonder if the old dosser down by the river will get a free laptop as well
          Oh, get rid of the conspiracy theories unless you have any proof, instead of spreading things that others will believe when you can't prove it.

Did the Government go ahead with this then?

Have to say though, there are some really rubbish web hosting providers out there that provide you with a petty page with sections you can modify. Without being too biased, if you want to create a proper website, I'd suggest you find a cPanel web hosting provider and either learn how to create your own website (the two technologies are HTML and CSS - and they're fun and easy to learn - although they take a bit of time). Although, personally we have RVSiteBuilder installed to allow our customers to create their own websites with minimal knowledge required if they do not wish to delve with HTML/CSS and other technologies.

Comment

Yeah, this is most definitely one of those 'I'll believe it when I see it' moments.

I mean, you only have to look to much smaller multi billion pound government IT projects and how they turned out.... .

Comment

Working...
            X