If you want to do some operation in OS windows under other user then you can use following steps..
- When logged in as a non-privileged user, browse to your system folder, usually C:\windows\
- Shift-right-click on any exe file for example click on explorer.exe.
- Select Run As and provide the credentials for the local admin account.
- A dialog box will pop-up asking you for a valid username and password. Enter one of a user that has the required administrative privileges to run and manage that program.
- If you give a wrong username or password an error will pop-up:
- If you gave a valid username and password then Explorer will open giving you the full permissions to manage it and any programs you run from within that window will run with admin privileges.
If you want to do that from the command prompt then do that by using following command
runas /user:computername\Administrator command Where computername is the name of your computer username is the name of the user you’re trying to run the command as (e.g. Administrator). command is the command you’re trying to run (e.g. a batch file, an .exe file).
C:\ run as /user:pro1\Administrator explorer.exe
Enter the password for pro1\Administrator:
Attempting to start explorer.exe as user pro1\Administrator
Thats it no need to logout from current login and login with other user
If you are looking for reliable, affordable and secure web hosting, visit our homepage.