A reseller hosting package can provide you with the facility for the hosting of a large number of web hosting accounts and domain names, and a reseller hosting package is different from a standard shared web hosting package since you are able to create your own client hosting accounts.
A reseller hosting package is generally the chosen form of web hosting for those who wish to start their own web hosting businesses, and reseller hosting packages are ideal for this since the feature set means that you are able to make the most of your reseller hosting package and resource pretty easily. Windows reseller hosting packages aren’t the most popular around although they are recommended if you wish to offer your own Windows shared hosting packages to your customers.
whilst the more popular Linux reseller hosting packages are available from a number of web hosting providers which means that you can easily offer your own Linux and Windows shared hosting packages if you purchase your reseller web hosting services from the right place. A reseller hosting package will allow you to create your own web hosting plans that you can then sell on to your own clients based on the resource assignments that you have purchased; this helps to make reseller web hosting good value for money and if done correctly it can be pretty easy to make a profit out of the web hosting packages that you are selling.
Reseller web hosting packages are generally hosted on the same servers as shared hosting packages and this could cause some problems for you in terms of reliability since you are only going to be guaranteed the same level of reliability as a web hosting provider’s shared hosting customers, and this is also the level of reliability that you will have to guarantee your own web hosting customers.
A reseller hosting package offers those who wish to start their own web hosting business the right opportunity that they require to get started in the web hosting industry since you can offer your own web hosting services without having to worry about managing the server that you are using; if you choose to go for a VPS hosting or a dedicated server then you will have to take on board the management of the server, and when hosting others this is something you will have to be done properly. Reseller web hosting is one form of web hosting where value for money is important; if you are able to choose a reseller hosting package which can offer you large resource assignments for a low cost then you should consider such a hosting package since there is more chance of you making a profit from the web hosting plans that you sell.
What are the advantages of using a reseller hosting package?
Reseller hosting packages can offer many advantages to those who have many people to host and a low budget or are looking at starting their own web hosting business, and this is regardless of whether you choose a Linux reseller hosting package or a Windows reseller hosting package. The main advantage of using a reseller hosting package is the benefit of being able to create your own web hosting plans based on the account resources that you have available, as by doing this you can then work out roughly how many hosting accounts you will be able to squeeze out of a single reseller hosting package.
if you are able to price your web hosting plans at the same time then you can also work out the basic amount of revenue that you will be able to earn from your single reseller hosting package. A reseller web hosting package will also allow you to create your own web hosting accounts which you can then pass on to your web hosting clients based upon the web hosting plan that they have purchased from you, and this is ideal if you wish to offer your own hosting services to many people; this is the main purpose of a reseller web hosting account and by doing this there is nothing to stop you from offering your own web hosting accounts to those who purchase your web hosting plans or require web hosting services.
A reseller hosting package can offer you the perfect platform for you to start your own web hosting business on, and a reseller hosting package is the most cost effective solution for those who wish start their own web hosting business since they are able to do so without having to spend a fortune on starting up; if you were to choose your own VPS server or dedicated server for starting your own web hosting business then you would have to spend more on your chosen form of web hosting and you will need to sell more web hosting plans to begin with if you wish to make your money back. In summary, the main advantages of using a reseller hosting package include:
- Web hosting plans – a reseller hosting package allows you to create your own web hosting plans based on the resources that you have purchased and have available to you, and these plans can be called whatever you like and can come with any resource assignments of your choice – once you have created your web hosting plans you can then sell them on to your own web hosting customers and if you are able to work out how many people you are going to be able to host on a single reseller hosting package then you should be able to calculate how easy it is going to be for you to make a profit out of your reseller hosting package – you will be able to create your own web hosting accounts based around the web hosting plans that you have created
- Web hosting accounts – a reseller hosting package will allow you to create an unlimited number of web hosting accounts based on the web hosting plans that you have created under your reseller hosting package, and you can then sell these web hosting accounts on to your own customers – by creating separate web hosting accounts for your customers you are able to offer them control panel access so that they can manage their own shared hosting account with ease, and as long as you are using a web hosting control panel then your hosting customers should be able to manage their own shared hosting packages without the need from any intervention from you
- Starting your own web hosting business – a reseller hosting package can offer you many advantages when it comes to starting your own web hosting business since it means that you are able to do so without spending a great deal on the start-up costs which have an impact on others who wish to start their own web hosting businesses – with a reseller hosting package you only need to pay one small monthly sum for your reseller web hosting package and won’t need to worry about the management of the server that you are hosted on since this will be taken care of by your web hosting provider, and instead what you are provided with is something that mimics a shared hosting package but can actually offer you so much more.
Using a reseller hosting package can offer you many advantages and it is recommended that you use a reseller hosting package if you are looking to start your own web hosting business; similarly, if you wish to offer hosting services to others for free or want to keep your websites more organised then a reseller hosting package can be beneficial for this.
What are the disadvantages of using a reseller hosting package?
There can also be disadvantages to using reseller web hosting packages that could have an effect on both you and any customers who you choose to sell your web hosting plans to, and it is important for you to make sure that your customers are aware of any major disadvantages that could effect them. The main disadvantage of using a reseller hosting package is the fact that you aren’t always going to be sure of the level of uptime that you are going to be offered since reseller hosting packages are hosted on the same servers as shared hosting packages meaning that you are only going to be offered the same level of reliability as a shared hosting package.
you will need to be able to offer your own hosting customers some sort of uptime guarantee which means that you should always consider the uptime guarantee that a web hosting provider is able to offer with its reseller hosting packages. A reseller hosting package can also be restrictive in some situations since you aren’t provided with shell access to the hosting server which means that you may not always be able to meet customer expectations in some areas and will need to be sure that you choose a website hosting provider who can offer you feature-rich reseller web hosting; in some cases your customers may request a specific server side component or application, but since you don’t have root access to the server you won’t be able to fulfill this request. A reseller web hosting package can only offer you small resource assignments when compared to what your average VPS server or dedicated server has to offer, and because of this you may not necessarily see reseller hosting packages as good value for money when in fact they are still a good starting block for most people; if you are looking to start your own web hosting business using a VPS server or a dedicated server then you should make sure that you have everything planned out both financially and when it comes to the security and management of your server. In summary, the main disadvantages of using reseller web hosting include:
- Uptime and reliability – when using a reseller hosting package it is important to remember that the level of uptime that you are going to receive is going to be no greater than that offered on your web hosting provider’s shared hosting packages since your reseller account is going to be hosted on the same server as shared hosting packages – you will need to be able to guarantee your own customers a certain level of uptime which is where reseller hosting can become a bit tricky, but all in all you should only guarantee your hosting customers the same level of uptime that your own web hosting provider offers you just to be safe, and in some cases it may be better to guarantee less than you are guaranteed yourself
- Restrictive – sometimes a reseller hosting package can be restrictive since you don’t have root access to your hosting server which means in some cases you may have to deny your own customers certain luxuries, and it is in the situation that you may wish to consider a VPS server or a dedicated server for your requirements – you should make sure that you choose a reseller web hosting package which is feature-rich since you can then pass the benefits of these features onto your own web hosting clients which will help boost customer satisfaction, and this will reduce your need access to the hosting server to install any extra applications or services that you or your customers may require to make your web hosting services good value for money.
- Resource assignments – if you are looking to start your own web hosting business then the resource assignments offered by a reseller web hosting package may not be the most motivating available and may force you to consider a VPS server or a dedicated server – although the resource assignments offered with a reseller hosting package are low when compared to what a dedicated web hosting service can offer you – however, if you set your own web hosting plans out properly then the resource assignments offered by a reseller web hosting package shouldn’t be a problem and in most cases it is better to start off small so you can then work your way up, and in this case when you run out of room on your reseller hosting package you can then upgrade to a VPS server or a dedicated server.
The disadvantages of using a reseller hosting package go to show that reseller web hosting may not be for you if you are thinking of starting your own web hosting business, and at the end of the day it all depends on the level of control you want for yourself and the level of uptime you want to be able to offer your own hosting customers.
In conclusion, reseller hosting is the one single form of shared web hosting which will allow you to create your own web hosting plans that you can then offer to your own web hosting clients. Most web hosting control panels have been designed with reseller hosting in mind which means that you should be able to create your own client web hosting accounts so that you can then offer your own hosting clients access to their hosting account so that they can manage their purchase without having to involve you.