2) Once you have downloaded the installation file on your local machine, and then upload it with ftp to your server on which you want to install ZEND.
3) Extract the file contains
“ tar -zvfx ZendOptimizer*.tar.gz
4) You will get a directory, go to that directory as
“ cd ZendOptimizer-2.5.3-linux-glibc21-i386/
5) Now run the installer,
6) You will get a welcome screen say OK.
7) You will have to say OK for agreement.
8)It will ask you the path for installation of zend. Please mention directory on which you want to install zend on your server say /usr/local/zend
9) It will next locate php.ini file on the server, say OK.
10) Next it will ask you that are you using Apache Web Server? Say yes.
11) Enter the locate for apache web files say /usr/local/apache/bin
12) Now Zend will change location of your php.ini file. Please make a note or you can locate your php.ini file after installation with the command
“ php -i | grep php.ini
13) It will give you the screen to restart the Web Server for the changes to effect.
14) After restarting httpd service on your server, You can check the installation with the command called php -v You will get the output as
PHP 4.4.3-x86_64 (cli) (built: Aug 13 2006 14:02:26) Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with eAccelerator v0.9.4, Copyright (c) 2004-2005 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.9, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v2.6.2, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies
15) After installation you can remove installation directory as
“rm rf ZendOptimizer-2.5.3-linux-glibc21-i386
Or you can change its permission and chatter it.