Linux Dedicated Server Management
Considering an increase in the volume of preference towards Linux Dedicated Server hosting platforms, WHUK has been constantly introducing enhanced options for you to choose from. Our offering currently ranges from basic Core 2 Duo servers to high configuration Dual Hexa Core dedicated servers. Hosted at our Tier 4 Datacenter facility, we provide 99.95% uptime guarantee combined with a FREE proactive managed service. We understand how crucial it is to have yours servers operate seamlessly, hence our highly experienced Linux System Administrators constantly monitor and maintain your servers round the clock. They ensure that your server(s) are updated with the latest security patches allowing you to lay complete focus on your business.
Here you would find the functions we perform to maintain your Dedicated Linux machine(s) and keep it safe and running smoothly 24x7x365 days.
SSH Security & Configuration
- Installation and compilation of the latest version of OpenSSL.
- Installation and compilation of the latest version of OpenSSH
- Configuring OpenSSH with the latest version of OpenSSL.
- Enabling key based access and Disabling Root access as per the client needs.
- Enabling SSH 2 protocol, Disabling SSH1 protocol and Changing default SSH port.
- Installing latest version of CSF/APF firewall.
- Configuring the firewall to accept only incoming/outgoing connections on ports that are necessary on a cPanel system.
- Disabling default SSH port (Port 22).
- Setting up Brute Force Detection and its configuration with the firewall.
- Linux socket monitor setup - sends you an alert when a new port is opened on the server.
Server Monitoring Process
- Installation of System Integrity Monitor for monitoring the following services
Apache, MySQL, Email, Server load, SSH, FTP
- Our Server Monitoring System will automatically fix problems such as big log files that would automatically get recycled. If the Server Monitoring system fails to fix the problem on its own it will send a notification to our dedicated server department.
Linux Server Security
- Installation of mod_security with our custom ruleset. This module consists of many different rules.
- Dangerous attempts to hack the server are blocked by our defined ruleset that we use. Adding or disabling a particular rule is very easy and can be done whenever needed as per our requirements.
- Compilation of PHP version 4 or 5 according to the client needs.
- Prevention of DDoS Attacks with the help of installation of mod_evasive
- PHP Security (disabling few php functions which can be used for php backdoor:"exec,system, passthru,readfile,shell_exec,escapeshellarg,escapeshellcmd,proc_close, proc_open,ini_alter,dl,popen,parse_ini_file, show_source,curl_exec")
- Installation of Zend Optimizer.
- Tweaking Apache configuration.
- Recompiling Apache with commonly used Apache and PHP modules.
- Mounting /tmp partition with noexec permissions so that no files on these partitions can be executed.
- Disabling compilers for all users on the server except root.
- Sysctl.conf hardening to prevent attacks by syn floods.
- Open basedir protection setup.
- Installation and configuration of chkrootkit to send daily report to our dedicated server department.
- Installation and Configuration of RK Hunter to update and run itself on a daily basis - It will then send a report to the client if anything goes wrong.
- Repair or Re-installation of corrupt binaries.
- Installing/updating Libsafe.
DNS recursion restriction
Email scanning for viruses and spam
Please review our managed linux dedicated server hosting packages or contact us to discuss your requirements. We would love to offer you our dedicated hosting services.